Monday, August 23, 2010

Waiting at the Gates


I'm within eyesight of Gate 173. In a few minutes boarding will start. My flight leaves at 2:50PM, EST. I arrive in Beijing 3: 55PM the next day. Except it's only a thirteen hour flight. Time zones are funky.


I had a lot of fun in Canada. Square One, the mall we went to, was absolutely enormous. I've always thought of myself as a battle-hardened shopping veteran, but even I was daunted by this place. Imagine, if you will, 11AM Black Friday at Carousel mall. The huge crowd has gone, sure, but there is still a mass of people meandering every which way. It's absolute chaos. That is what it's like on a regular day at Square One.


Well, I just had an internet hiccup that delayed this post. I should probably start heading towards my gate. Next time I post here I'll be in China!

No comments: