Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Success is Well-Defined Change in Circumstance

Sunday was a good day. I got breakfast at the dining hall. I ordered to perfection.

"I want this, and this."
"This?"
"Yes."
"Do you want rice?"
"Yes. One thing of rice."

Later, I went to the nearby grocery store in Wudaokou. I bought water, snacks, hangers, and a notebook. The checkout girl asked if I wanted a bag. I said I wanted one. Then I biked back and played Starcraft 2.

I guess it is the little things that make or break you, as cliche as that sounds. I was happy all day because I understood that the cook was asking me if I wanted rice as well. Other days, I'm in a foul mood because I can't communicate properly. I lost my bike keys a while back. I asked the front desk of my dorm building if anyone had turned in a pair of black keys. They said no. So, naturally, when I just so happened to be behind the desk two days later, I saw my keys with a note, saying that they had been found and turned in.

Chinese class is good. My class is starting from the basics, but is moving quickly. It's an elementary class, but it's kept in mind that most of the students have prior Chinese experience. That way, we make sure our fundamentals are good while still learning new stuff.

I have more time than I thought. I end up trying to avoid eating, though. I still don't like the food much, although I have reached an unstable truce with it. Still, eating three meals a day is hard when you have to bike through the rain.

Oh yeah. It started raining last Wednesday. And it hasn't stopped. It's rained every day since. Also, it was 85degrees Fahrenheit last Tuesday. Today it was 55degrees Fahrenheit. I guess fall is here.

No comments: